Friday 13 February 2015

Xmas - 12 pubs - David O'Doherty

12 Pubs
Second year doing the 12 pubs of Christmas and must say I fared much worse this year than last. Last year I got through the 12 pints without too much of a struggle. Drunk obviously, but not feeling too bad. This year I hit a wall after the 10th pub. I would have happily went home at that stage but my resignation was not accepted by the others.
4 or 5 pubs in and all is well
Greener joined us for the first time this year too and held up well by avoiding his usual tendency to overdo it with the shots. By a big coincidence I also bumped into Ken Browne in Solas which was funny if only for the fact that this was the only 30 minutes I spent in the pub all year. He joined us for a while but I don't remember anything we talked about. So all in all, I don't know why this year was so much tougher than last year but next year I may need to contemplate switching to bottles after a while, or getting more water into me somehow. 
Things got messier around pub 9

David O'Doherty 
Going to see DOD in Whelans at Christmas is something of a tradition for us at this stage. I still think he's great even though we had seen a lot of this material previously, haven seen him at EP this year also. Still this is a tradition I am happy to continue.


Christmas
Myself and Louise went our separate ways again for Christmas and I spent a few days at home in Cork playing with Lucy, Sam and Ruairi. As always, mum did a great job with everything and I had a great time. Unfortunately we couldn't get the lads together for a night over the break but we did finally move on from Barry's on Xmas eve and went to South County instead. I must say it was an improvement and I will be happy to go there in future.
Lucy in our porch at home
Sam on xmas morning
Sam photobombing a nice Lucy pic


Mum went a bit overboard with the decorations this year.
Sam relaxing after all the activities




Wonder


No comments:

Post a Comment